Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reflection Sunday... is a little foggy

Day: 355

Goal: Retrieve. Brain. From. Sewer.

Oh my. As much as I hate to admit it (As I am STILL in my 20s), I don’t go “big” very often. Last night was an exception! Totally got all dressed up and went to the black tie charity event for Camp del Corazon. It was so fun. I love to hang with my friends from the charity, but getting to do so in such a fashionable, classy, open-bar kind of way, makes it so…. Special. Another great event for some amazingly deserving kids!

Speaking of kids, how bratty am I that while I’m getting ready for the event last night I was so defeated by my short hair? I chopped 10 inches of hair off a few weeks ago in order to make a donation to Locks of Love, and while the new doo is super stylish and more than healthy, it’s just one of those things I’ve never been the most comfortable with: short hair. I tried to make it a bold endeavor and had Kell cut bangs as well, which everyone seems to like, but I just suck at hair in general, so I’m constantly uncomfortable and at a lose of what to do with the doo. Needless to say, I think I’m already on the path to growing it long again. Oh well, at least some kid will get good use out of the hair that I bitched about for years and now desperately now that it’s gone… *sigh*

I think it’s slightly a miracle that I can type today… I was quite the wine enthusiast last night and got up way to early this morning to be a yogi, BUT tonight at xpress I had one of those rare “comebacks” and totally killed! The kids helped so much, but I think this season of Xpress is going to end on a high note! (This of course does not make #20 easy… at all). I’ve been think lately about how freaking talented these kids are. They have so much potential to do great things in their future and I really hope that in some way I contributed to that. They have made me the teacher I am, and somehow I feel like I’ve learned so much from them… They are so beautiful and I don’t think that my life would be the same without their crazy antics every week. I wish that I could make my living by dancing with them all the time…

No comments:

Post a Comment