Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Glee-tastic!!

Day: 353

Goal: Gleeeeee!!!!

Ok so even during the toughest of weeks, I know I can count on Tuesday’s to deliver my favorite show and my favorite past time… Glee with the girls! I love to make dinner, have friends over, and watch Glee. I’m totally a “Gleek”, I’m addicted to this show, and most importantly, I love the mental release this night gives me. I’m allowed a (small) window of time that I can totally let my brain go into neutral, eat a hot meal, drink a glass of wine or two (or four), and just sit back and giggle like a kid… well a kid that understands adult humor…

Regardless, however, of the fact that I know that I have Glee to look forward to throughout the day, I still can manage to have a miserable day at work. There is just so much pressure right now at work to get data out and I just feel like there is a lot working against me here. For one, I’ve been doing the same experiment for one of projects for two months straight… seriously twice a week for the past 8 weeks I’ve been doing the exact same experiment over and over and over again… I honestly can not explain to you why research scientist do not take a hint when things go this way, but we don’t… for some reason we have a death wish when it comes to not getting the answer we want… we proceed to call it “inconclusive data” and “try again”. It really is sort of ridiculous, especially when you have the sort of OCD that I have about doing things right the first time. I very rarely mess-up on experiments and when I do, I know exactly what it is I did wrong, and I go back and fix it. Anyway, this on-going problem with this experiment is making me a little bit insane and has literally put the rest of my work on the back burner… except NOT!! Here’s the REAL problem people… I still have to get other shit done in the midst of the other crap going wrong!! How does one build confidence to embark on new endeavors, when you’re faced with such defeat on your current path?... well???

*sigh* At least during all this doubt, on Tuesday’s anyway, I get to go home to an amazing night of Glee! Thank goodness! It’s good for the soul… good friends, good food, a reason to clean up around my house, a glass of wine (e-ven), and the priceless time that my mind does not have to think work, choreography, work, money, work, tickets, work, bills, work, laundry, and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment