Monday, April 19, 2010

Finding Stability

Day: 358

Goal: Find the happy place…

Ok, so nothing bugs me more than when traffic makes me late… maybe more than that though, are the people that say you have to “allow for it”. Are they serious? I’m not going to assume that there will be a fatal accident, 6 miles of construction (that, if you notice, never seems to really be going on while it’s causing the traffic), and an amber alert (which, by the way, is named for an actual child, not the color of the alert board that distracts drivers into braking for no reason!)… all so I can be an hour early to where I need to be, because we all no there is never traffic when you leave early and “allow for it”!! Anyway, I can’t stand when unexpected traffic makes me late for something I really want to be at (when it makes me late for work, suddenly not so mad). For example, I look forward to my Tuesday/Thursday yoga class a 6pm all week! It’s my favorite class, and by far releases more stress and tension for me than a massage and sex combined! (that would be rad though!) It’s just really calming and I’m allowed time in my own head… sitting alone in my car going 5 miles an hour on the other hand, not so much the same… I don’t know why, but being in the car, helpless to the traffic, makes me crazy. I joke about it all the time, but I think if there is anywhere I’m more prone to go postal, it’s on the 405. No. joke.

Anyway, needless to say, traffic made me late for my yoga class tonight, but I had such a crappy day that I felt the need to go to the class 30 minutes late anyway. I think my teacher must think I’m insane… this aside from the fact that I’m pretty sure she didn’t see me crying in my child’s pose at one point. Ah stability, how I long to see your face again… how did we used to be such good friends, and now I never know how to call on you. What was it about me that was so attractive to you then? Was it the fact that I made amazing money doing mindless work? Is it because I was dating? Is it because I was living at home and sleeping more than 30 hours a week?? Oh stability… I miss you. Tell me what to do to win you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment