Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Conquering the Morning!!

Day: 352

Goal: Conquer the morning!

Ok so lately I’ve been having some serious issues with waking up in the morning… It’s gotten to the point where I have been at least 30 minutes late to work every day. I just can’t get out of bed. I hear my alarm, I snooze it, I hear it again, I snooze it again, and then I never hear anything again!! I don’t understand why it’s so difficult for my body to wake up. I feel like I get plenty of sleep every night… I go to bed at a decent hour, and although I’m exhausted when I lay down at night, it hasn’t been worse than usual that I know of. I just don’t have the will to “rise and SHINE”…. I roll and grumble… quite the opposite.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because I’ve really been missing my Wednesday morning yoga class. It really is one of my favorite flow classes and I was so good about getting up and going to this 6am ball-buster religiously… but now for some reason I just can’t, and that bugs.

It’s weird because the thought of getting up early to work out, make breakfast, drink multiple cups of coffee, watch the news, and get ready leisurely… sounds AMAZING! So why don’t I have the feeling in the morning? Worse yet, I feel nothing at all until I finally get up and then I immediately regret having not gotten up earlier!! Hello!??! What is UP with THAT!??! Mentally, I’m there! I’m in it to win it, but my body will not physically GET UP!! How annoying!

I need help… really. It’s becoming a problem that tends to ruin my day. Ok maybe not “ruin” my day, but at least add to the chaos of feeling like there is never enough time for everything. I constantly reflect on the episode of Saved By The Bell when Jesse Spanno tries to do a music video, be a cheerleader, and study for the SATs one week, and ends up having to take caffeine pills to stay awake… “I’m SOO excited!!! I’m SOO excited!! I’m soo, so… SCARED!!!” Classic Jesse.

The feeling resonates through me.

Sidenote: ASU cast kicked some serious ass tonight at rehearsal. I only had half my cast for the number I was choreographing, but it already looks really nice… very excited for this show to go up. These are some seriously talented kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment