Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reflection Sunday and Thank You notes

Day: 362

Goal: Reflection Sunday

So I’m not really a “religious” person per say. By that I only mean that organized religion (going to church, practicing faith-governed living, and thinking intensely about the afterlife) is not really for me. I think I have a unique faith and spirituality. It’s mine… I believe what I want to believe, sometimes I change my mind, sometimes I question my own faith… but I know that it’s ok to maybe be a little unsure about this area. If there were definitive answers about the “powers that be”, then there wouldn’t be so many different religions and unique faiths around the world trying to work it all out in the first place.

Total tangent there… sorry. All meant to explain was that I think that Sunday’s are a good day for reflection. Not that it’s a day of rest for me because I work 7 days a week right now, but it still seems like a good time to take a small breath and reflect on the week past and maybe do a little planning for the upcoming week.

So…. Reflecting…

My little party last night was great. It’s hard sometimes not to dwell on disappointment, but once I got over the fact that some people didn’t make it, I had a really great time with great friends. Got some really nice, thoughtful gifts (which I will be writing thank you notes for tonight… #9). Let you know how those turn out… We played Bunco (a fun dice game) and I WON!!! Swear it wasn’t rigged! The dice don’t lie people! Then a few of us went out to Brew Co. (future spot of #6) for a couple more drinks. My “boyfriend” was working and Kasey led us in a game of bar trivia. My ideal night J Oh btw, my boyfriend (if you haven’t read about him in #6, is a really cute bartender that I tend to get overly giggly around). Kasey would say he’s very type-T. That’s my type… shaved head, tattoos, eyes that say “I’m freaky in bed!” Actually, I’m not sure that’s totally true… I don’t really have a type. But this guy is definitely yummy!

Today I worked the desk as an “office yogi” at the Yoga Loft in Manhattan Beach. It’s so much fun…. Ok maybe not fun, but really nice. I just chill and greet yogis before and after class and while class is going on I can get some good work done because there are NO distractions! I heart yoga!

Then it was on to Knott’s Berry Farm where my advanced performing arts troupe was performing today. I have to say, that they make me crazy because I feel like at rehearsal they could really care less. They never look like they’ve practiced, and they look a hot mess ALL the time… BUT they TURNED IT OUT today!!! I was super impressed! They are just naturally such a talented group and they totally put on a great showcase.

On the way home from Knott’s I realized I needed gas, but ALSO realized that I left my wallet at HOME… What. An. Idiot. I seriously thought I was screwed. I got to a gas station and was in the middle of tearfully trying to convince the mean station employee that she could take the credit card information over the phone from my mom when a REALLY, REALLY good Samaritan loaned me $20 to get home…. Not kidding. Probably the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for me. Add to the list of Thank you notes for tonight!! J

Before I head off to bed on reflection Sunday, I’m trying to think of how to start tackling this crazy list. I mean, some things will just fall into place (like thank you notes), but I think others will be a little harder to kick-start. How do you just wake up one day and say, “Hey! Today is the day I will change my life!” Ok, so very few of the things on my list are life-changing, but I think there are definitely a few that are going to take some serious planning. I’m afraid to over-plan though…. Similar to the way I over-planned my day yesterday, or the way I over-use the hyphen (-), or the way I over-use the parenthesis (()). *sigh* I’m such an all or nothing person I realize, when I really just want to find balance. I keep going back to the idea that I am the Yin to some other Yang, but never the combination… never the balance, the peace in between……….

It will come. Patience grasshopper.

3 comments:

  1. oh man, i'm totally behind already on your blog! i missed like the last 3 days of blogs and am catching up now so sorry about that friend. anyways, keep it up and you know i'm there for you! xoxo beaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go girl!! you're gonna have an awesome week--I feel it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany.
    I am so sorry about not making it to your birthday party. I would like to make it up to you by you picking a day and me taking you anywhere you want to go (well, you know what i mean by "anywhere").
    and btw... i have had a similar good samaritan situation and it feels even better to pay it forward to the next person :)
    i look forward to hearing more about your goals and challenges!

    ReplyDelete