Friday, May 21, 2010

Number 21

Day: 329

Goal: Just relax and get ready for a FULL weekend…

So I’m going to make a decision on my new #21 for my 30 Bucket…

For those of you that don’t know (or remember), I need to find a new #21 because my neighbors moved out, and I don’t foresee any new neighbors for a while… P.S. if you’re looking for a 3.5 bed 2 bth house with unobstructed ocean views in downtown Manhattan let me know. Oh, but, by the by, it’s $5,000.00/month. Snap!

Anyway, as of this week my top three options for a new #21 are as follows:

  1. Go to a concert.
  2. Create an autobiographical piece (dancing).
  3. Be satisfied with the outcome of the 30-Bucket no matter what.

So once I narrowed it down to these three, it was actually super easy for me to decide. While (3), being satisfied with the 30-Bucket, is a valid point, I had to think about it, and came to the conclusion that I think this goes without saying. I will be completely happy no matter what the outcome is of this crazy endeavor! As for (1), going to a concert, I think I would definitely like to do this in the next year… problem with this as a 30-Bucket member, is that I would like to go to many many many more concerts in my life… I just don’t think it’s one of those things that is limited to the younger crowd. But, who knows, in 10 years I may be plugging my ears behind my daughter at the second coming of Hannah Montana. So, that leaves me with (2) creating an autobiographical dance piece. It kind of might seem silly, but it has appeal for the 30-Bucket 3 fold: 1) It’s doable… a lot of things on my list are going to be so challenging that its nice to find something that is a no-brainer; 2) In a couple of years, I don’t know how much I’m really going to be dancing myself… I’d love to, but there are days already that I try to kick my leg to the place it used to happily go when I was 19, and my hips just simply laugh in my face (aka, I’m subjected to excruciating pain, and end up spending hours at a time in the bath tub); 3) It’s such a good idea, that I wish I had come up with it first. Granted, I’m not some well-established choreographer that people are “waiting” to see me do something autobiographical, but it probably will be so liberating to just express how I’m personally feeling right now in the best way I know how. It’s not necessarily a time-less piece, but it is a perfect way to express myself pre-30… an excellent addition to the 30 Bucket!

2 comments:

  1. love it! great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD THAT WAS MY IDEA. How fucking exciting!!!!!!!! If you want an assistant I'm totally willing to be at your beck and call. I can't wait to tell me mom!

    ReplyDelete