Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Catching Up!!!

Day: 534

Goal: Catch up!

Ok so, I get it, I’ve completely dropped the ball in the last two weeks. I have not blogged since Stagecoach and…… I have no excuse. Well actually I have a lot of excuses, and some quite valid ones, but I can’t exactly use them. Why, you ask? Because I made the list… and on that list I said I would blog about every day that I was on this adventure. So I will.

This is going to be a long blog because, yes, I am going to try to recap all of the missing days, but hang in there loyal followers!! I really appreciate you all and all of your support. Support in my blog and in my life… thank you.

Day: 547

So I came home from Stagecoach only to run into a huge pile of garbage outside of my apartment. I literally had to dodge a flying sofa pillow as I made my way to my front door Monday after work. My neighbor Dominque (one of the boys from the group of guys on my list; #21), was in serious stride of cleaning out their house. I asked him, literally laughing, “What are you guys doing? Moving??!” (hahaha…ha). “Yah! We are!” said Dominique… I was in shock… “We’re moving to 14th street, so we’ll see you around!” See me around?!?! Was he kidding? I have lived here for 10 months and we’ve never once hung out, I’ve probably said a total of 10 words to all three of them collectively, and I have definitely NEVER “seen them around”! CRAP!! This really really puts a damper on #21 on my 30 Bucket. I thought about just changing it slightly to reflect the “new neighbors” I’ll get, but then I talked to my landlord about how much that unit costs (cause I’m nosey), and I came to the conclusion that I’ll never have neighbors again…

So now I have to think of a new #21…

Day: 546

Shot an email to my landlord… I was very curious about the front unit now. How big was this place and how much did it cost? Maybe I could convince Leslie and Myra that we should take over it… maybe even add Kasey when she had some cash. He said I could go by whenever and that the guys that were there (for five years), were paying…. Wait for it…. $4950.00!!!!! HELL-O! OMG, I was completely floored by that number. How could those three party boys afford that and, holy shit, how many people would I have to live with to ever afford something like that?! (I can tell you, it would take a lot more than 3) Anyway I still had to go snoop, so after work I walked my happy ass over to the front house to take a gander and I was actually really surprised…. Two fold: 1) those boys were BY FAR the grossest humans to ever live in Manhattan Beach. You’d think they were running a fraternity house for a bunch of can-crushing, crotch-grabbing, slutty, jocks… it was so gnarly. I don’t think they vacuumed, swept, moped, dusted, or moved an inch of furniture in the five years they were there. I almost wish I’d taken pictures for you, because that’s the only way you’d believe this mess. How anyone could actually think they were getting clean in those showers, or even the thought of walking in that house in my bare feet absolutely blows my mind. I literally held my breath. 2) (reasons I’m surprised remember?) The place is freakin’ awesome!! Aside from the fact that it will take months to restore it to human living conditions, the house itself is totally awesome. Three bedrooms (small, medium, and huge), 2 bathrooms (big and HUGE – full Jacuzzi tub in the master bath), huge kitchen with all (fairly) new appliances, huge living/dining room, front porch, master balcony, tiny office, kick-ass LOFT! (literally someone could sleep there), and 3 parking spots!!! Suddenly it occurred to me why this place was $4950.00. It’s so cool. After I left I couldn’t do anything the rest of the night except for try to think of ways me and the girls could afford this place…

Day: 545

I showed Leslie and Kasey the front house… their surprise was also two fold… both the same as mine. Kasey’s on board to live in the loft… for $800/month. That is, unfortunately, not very helpful yet.

Meanwhile, I’ve hit a wall in terms of being “butter”. “Butter” is my knick-name because I try to take on too many things in my life and I end up spreading myself too thin… get it? I’m butter… I spread myself thin?? Ok anyway, lately it’s gotten really bad. I took on a third mini-job working the front desk at the Yoga Loft in MB so that I could support my Yoga habit, something that truly makes me more sane, happy, relaxed, physically active, and peaceful. I don’t think this is a bad idea at all… it’s one day a week in the morning, so to me, it’s just. As for my other two jobs, it’s true, they both make me crazy. Maybe it would be helpful if they made me crazy in the same way, but unfortunately I feel crazy in totally different ways and for different reasons between the two. One the hand I become so overwhelmed with projects, tasks, experiments, politics, and TRAFFIC… and on the other it’s frustration with artistic opinions, work ethic, attitudes, hormones, teenage drama, scheduling, and pressure! It’s a lot for one day… my average day consists of… oh man, I just got it… I tried to type an average day, but I couldn’t settle on which day was average… BECAUSE THERE IS NO AVERAGE DAY!! It just clicked… I don’t have an average day and maybe that’s the reason I get so insane. I have average-ish weeks, but does that really count? Maybe if I could find a way to give myself an average day, I wouldn’t feel so overwhelmed day-to-day…

Day: 544

It’s not that I don’t love working with little kids, and it’s not that I don’t love doing productions, but it’s those little moments when I get to work with just a small group of the older kids, that I really find myself enjoying the “dancer” piece of my life… a LOT.

Day: 543

Heather invited us over for enchiladas and Margaritas for the Laker game. Amazing food, great margs, and one of the top 5 best Lakers I’ve ever watched. Such a nice night with the girls.

Day: 542

Sometimes I come home from rehearsal and I’m like, “what happened?” How did I finish a number and then not 20 minutes later completely forget what I choreographed?? I sure hope the kids are secretly video taping rehearsals… otherwise, we could be in really big trouble.

It was also Erin’s baby shower today. Really sweet. Shannon, Jenny, and Hillary did a lovely job. Makes me think about me being in that position. As much as I want children, I still don’t think I’m ready for all that. I don’t think I’m ready for the diaper genie and the deluxe anal thermometers… don’t know how I would give up the little sleep I’m already not getting. Hmmm… actually, maybe I’d make the perfect mom. I’m already high-functioning on little to no sleep, live in my car, can’t find time for myself, dress like I could care less who I impress, lose it for no reason at all, and can do a mean French-braid. Wow… and shit. That is not good.

Day: 541

Spent a long day at both studios… still need to figure out a new #21.

Day: 540

I knew this week was going to be hectic because of all the things I needed to get done at work, the classes I was teaching, and the fact that I had family coming into town at the end of the week. Luckily I had an easy Monday and had a chance to inflate a bit and make some “todo” lists. I even downloaded a “todo” list app for my iPhone. It took me 30 minutes to input something on my list of things to do. I can see how it’s a very efficient app *grumble*

I’ve been teaching contemporary dance every Monday for the past 8 months or so. I love that class because of the kids it’s attracted... I have to say though, I feel a little bad because the class and choreography is also greatly a reflection of how I’m feeling that week. I don’t filter at all in this class and I really do use it as a chance to really be expressive. I’ve had a few younger ones in the class now and again, and unfortunately sometimes I feel like the class is a little over their heads… they keep coming back though, so I guess they’re ok J

Day: 539

Thank goodness for Glee. It, coupled with yoga and Thai food, made my night!!

Day: 538

The week is getting more hectic, bills scare me (like actually terrify me), I want to live in the front house, I wish crepes didn’t make my tummy hurt (or grow bigger), I need a haircut again, my acne is out of control, my laundry still will not fold itself, and I STILL can’t figure out a new #21.

Day: 537

So my dad is very sick. His heart is all good, but he has a pretty sever respiratory infection that has actually got his doctor saying that he can not travel. I’m so torn: On one hand, I’m so hurt. I wanted him to be here for Kasey so bad. We’ve been planning it for almost 6 months and I’ve been looking forward to her surprise for weeks! One the other hand, I’m so worried about him. He makes me nervous with this stuff and I guess I’m just really glad he’s ok and has people around him that are taking care of him. Anyway, this news was not a good start to my day. I literally could not even open my mouth to talk to people at work for fear I would break into hysterical sobbing. On top of all that, the kids were at each others throats tonight at rehearsal. I just wanted to scream at them, “Really you idiots?! Take your facebook addicted heads out of your asses for just two seconds and realize that life is A) NOT all about YOU, B) too short and precious to waste arguing with the people you actually love, and C) really more about doing what you love… so if you don’t love to torture me, then maybe you could STOP!” But then I thought better of it, and just let them be brats to each other. I got the number done, so hopefully the evening was productive in, at least, that sense.

Day: 536

Book club rocked!! My mom totally out did herself! Best food, and maybe the best book I’ve read in the past year! Loved it… and I loved that everyone was in such a festive mood and also liked the book! Yay!

After a really tough week of almost completely losing it, tonight brought things back to the happy place again, and I’m ready to start a fun weekend.

Day: 535

Got to spend some time with my Godfather/Uncle today. Breakfast at my favorite spot, Ocean View Café in MB, and then dinner with him and the gang. I love him! So glad I got to spend a little time with him. Also got to stop by Brody’s 2nd birthday party… found out an X that was committed to being non-committal is now committed to a girl who is also committed to raising her child… figures.

(back to Day: 534)

Happy Mother’s Day! Spent a lovely morning with some dedicated yogis and some impromptu sons/daughters. Then took mamma to the movies… we saw the “Back Up Plan” with Jennifer Lopez. It was super cute, but it kind of hit a little too close to home… thirty-ish gal hasn’t found love, figures she’ll miss her chance, so she gets inseminated. Then as Murphy’s law would have it, she finds love. You know I’ve actually had this thought? Just do it on my own since I don’t have anyone banging down my door. Not quite there yet though. I can see the appeal, but maybe not for another 6 years…

SO, we’re caught up people! I vow not to let time get away from me like that again! Thank you so much for hangin’ in there everyone… now help me think of new #21!!!

2 comments:

  1. T,
    First of all, all your days are in the 500s :) and while I realize your life may seem like it has over 500 days lately, I assure you it doesn't, and the feeling will get better. :)
    As for #21, here's my thoughts....I have 2 ideas. But want to start by saying that I still have no doubt in you that you will tackle this list. I've seen you at work and the organization/motivation is just unreal. But one of my ideas to add is allowing yourself to be "ok" with not finishing the list by 30 if it should happen that way. Half of the battle is putting goals on paper and realizing they are things you want. So I say, half the battle is done and if 30 rolls around and some things are not quite complete, I think the other half of the goal should be, to keep going...long past 30. Keep setting goals, writing them down, and making them happen...no matter how long it takes to get them all done. So those are just my thoughts. :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so here are my thoughts for a new #21.

    -Learn to play an instrument
    -Face a fear. I know you hate dogs so maybe spending fifteen minutes at a dog park would be nice for you.
    -Hit up every major theme park in California. Disneyland, Knotts, Six Flags, Sea World, Lego Land, Water Parks etc
    -Revisit something from your youth. I know you went to Tiger Heat back in the day. Or even just going back to high school for the day.
    -Tell that guy who was that was committed to being non-committal but now committed to a girl who is also committed to raising her child that he is a douche bag. Just saying it sure would make me feel better to tell him off. Plus you'll never see him again so who cares if he thinks your crazy.
    -Become involved with volunteering. I've been trying to volunteer forever with kids who have problems with depression and eating disorders. I don't know why but its important for me to be around people, particularly teenagers who seem to be suffering more than the average kid their age.
    -Spend an entire day just reading with your father. I am so sorry he's sick. I can speak from experience that nothing is worse than a sick parent whether its the flu or cancer. It just fucking sucks. Maybe you can read the Twilight series to him.
    -Convince a friend to create their own bucket list.
    -Spending the day at home watching the entire first season of GLEE in one sitting.
    -Take a singing lesson. I know you're a singer at heart.
    -Walk out of an Xpress rehearsal when they are upseting you. Just leave. For once in your life Tiffany just fucking stop taking it and walk away. Make if a goal to no longer stand by and have your voice be ignored. Not only do you spread yourself to thin but you are way too cool to take as much shit from stupid teenagers that you do. I should know because I was one of them.
    -Choreograph a piece that is autobiographical. Something about your life that you want to express throught physical motion.
    -See Lady Gaga in concert. DO IT.

    ReplyDelete