Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vacation part 1

Day: 32?

Goal: try to figure out why I don't visit family more...


So i left for vacation on Friday and I can not tell you how much it came "just in time". Work hasn't been inspiring in a while, I'm burnt out from shows, and the weather at home was getting to be ridiculous.... Cloudy all day everyday. It even rained a couple of mornings last week! Anyway, I'd been planning the second half of this vacation since last years same trip. My Maisonet cousins and I all went to my dad's condo in Myrtle beach just to spend some time together sans parentals. We had an amazing time and knew right away, we had to make it an annual event. The first part of my trip was planned just recently when my Inky cousins decided to throw an anniversary party for my aunt and uncle. I was on board knowing that I was already planning to take the time off work, plus my mom and my grandparents were making the trek too, so that made it even more of a total family affair!
Well I only got to spend 48 hours in Sioux Falls, but it was so much fun! Getting to see so many family members that I haven't seen in years and years that I have convinced myself that I "see" because I know the ins and outs of their daily lives via facebook was so great! There is nothing better in the world then some good family love!
I think some people take for granted that they are near their families all the time... It's easy to get used to seeing everyones faces and that unconditional love that is shared between family members probably becomes a little.... Common. I love the feeling of being with family because there is no pressure to look a certain way, be impressive for some reason, or hold anything back because the time spent is so short and few and far between. I wish it weren't the case, but it's hard to get together sometimes... But when we do, I think we make the most of our time!

To my Inky family and the rest of the crazy midwest crew...
Thank you for patios and beautiful landscaping.
Thank you for pooches young and old.
Thank you for Losers.
Thank you for perfect surprises.
Thank you for Uncle Corys.
Thank you for grandpa-bunny-bunny sunsets.
Thank you for real weather.
Thank you for lemon drop shots shots shots shots-shots shots shots shots shots-shots.
Thank you for grandma and grandpa airport.
Thank you for speaking whale.
Thank you for wedding videos.
Thank you for future plans to see each other again in October.
Thank you for the newlywed game.
Thank you for 40 years of love.
Thank you for 11.
Thank you for just married signs.
Thank you for Gilly.
Thank you for always making us California Maisonets feel at home when we come... As few and far between as it is.
















Location:Unnamed Rd,Grapevine,United States

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like some good family time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Thankyou list! Each one made me smile, but the Shots shots shots shots shots shots are a thankyou to you! Also Thankyou for taking time out of Myrtle Beach to spend time with us!
    TTTTTHHHHAAAANNNKKKK YYYYOOOOUUU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete